Your wedding day is a big deal, and it’s natural to want everything to be perfect. You are starting a new family with the one you love so we totally get it! However, with so many details to plan and coordinate, it can be easy to get overwhelmed. To help you have a stress-free and enjoyable wedding day, here are some tips to keep in mind:
1. Plan ahead: The more planning and preparation you do in advance, the less stress you will have on your wedding day. Sometimes this looks like hiring a wedding planner to help you make decisions or find vendors. And sometimes that means connecting with your vendors to make a detailed schedule of the events leading up to your wedding, including hair and makeup appointments, rehearsals, and any other pre-wedding events.
2. Delegate tasks: This is the perfect job for a wedding planner or coordinator, depending on how you want your day to be. You want all your loved ones to enjoy the day. By having a person in charge of communication that is hired versus attending they can handle all the vendor interactions and make people are where they need to be when.
3. Stay hydrated and well-rested: The days leading up to your wedding can be hectic, and it’s important to take care of yourself. Make sure you drink plenty of water, eat well, and get enough rest so that you feel refreshed and energized on your big day.
4. Don’t let the small stuff stress you out: It’s natural to want everything to be perfect on your wedding day, but it’s important to remember that the small details won’t matter in the grand scheme of things. You should never get upset about something not going perfectly because at the end of the day when the wedding is over and done you won’t remember something little. Remember that your wedding day is about getting married to the love of your life.
5. Take time to enjoy the moment: Your wedding day will fly by, so make sure you take time to enjoy the moments. Whether it’s dancing with your new spouse or taking a moment to step back and take in all of the sights and sounds, make sure you take a moment to savor the experience. Some of our favorite ways are to do sunset portraits to get a few minutes alone or by having a private last dance before the night ends.
6. Remember why you are getting married: At the end of the day, the most important thing is that you are marrying the person you love. Keep this in mind throughout the planning process and on your wedding day.
These tips truly help make your day run smoothly. But choosing the right vendors is also an amazing way to help make your day stress-free.